Friday, February 10, 2012

Lawn mowers hate me..............

And its mutual I assure you. I've always had hell with mowers as far back as when I was kid mowing lawns at my dad's rental properties or our yard. I love dinosaur bone burning engines!  All internal combustion engines well ...............except that evil thing that is a Briggs and Stratton!  They are evil incarnate. The vilest of man made creations.

My latest misadventure with one of these beasts started about 2 weeks ago. We have had an abnormaly wet and warm winter and the grass which is normaly dead this time of year has been growing rapidly. So I went to mow my Mom's yard and mine would be next. Anyway the fool machine wouldnt run for more than 3 seconds. Blame it on ethanol fuel, balme it on it sitting for about 6 weeks, whatever wouldnt run. Acted like it wasnt getting gas or was bad gas. So I drain the tank and blow out the fuel filter. Same thing, run the battery down jacking with it. Clean the spark plug, clean the air filter. no change. so I take the carb off and clean it up. Funky little carb not much to it, but somehow my dumbass mucks it up. I put it back on and put the battery charger on it overnight. Go the next day to start it and it acts like the engine is siezed , it wont turn over more than a revolution or 2. then gas starts running out of the exhaust. Great I've filled the cylinder with fuel. AWESOME!  So I give in and take it to the small engine repair shop. I HATE doing this I mean crap I work on my own bikes and trucks. Why can I not make one of these evil little beasts succomb to my mechanical wizardry. So I wait several days and the shop calls and say the mower is ready , after $195 and a new carb my rider is ready.

So I go to pick it up and park my truck with trailer, put the cheesy wooden ramps down to load it up.
Well when I start driving it up the right ramp slips on the gravel parking lot comeing out from under the beast . The first thing to hit the ground was the right rear tire followed quickly by my butt and then the rest of the contraption came falling down on me. I was able to kick with my left leg enough so it didnt fall squarely on me. Anyway the thing lands , I jump up quickly , grab the wheel and flip it back upright while looking around to see how many folks saw me. I'm sure it was BEAUTIFUL! I got the thing loaded and got out of there as quickly as I could. On the way home after the adrenaline had slowed somewhat I began to feel sore and of course bust out laughing at myself! I wished I would have had someone filming it. But no. Why cant I ever do anything stupid while a camera is rolling ..............

No comments:

Post a Comment